Pages

Sunday 25 September 2016

World of Insects

We have been learning about insects and now we know lots of facts about them.  Did you know that insects have 3 body parts- head, thorax and abdomen and that there are more insects in the world than any other animals?  They also have their skeleton on the outside of the body and they belong to a group of animals called arthropods! 

We went for a hikoi to study some insects and we found bees, a monarch butterfly and ants. We studied how they moved, where they lived and what they looked like.  We were careful not to hurt them.




We also wrote letters to insects inviting them to our parties or giving them information.


21.9.16

Dear Fly

I am inviting you to a Stinky Dad's Shoe party.  The party is outside the steps.  The party starts in the afternoon.  I'm inviting a lot of flies, cockroaches and ants in my dad's stinky shoes.  We are having a a party because we want to surprise you.  It is on Friday afternoon.

From Christina


22.9.16

Dear Ant

I found junk food in the cupboard.  It was sugar that I had found but there was ant poison too.  I had a heart attack everywhere in the house and I nearly got trapped.  I looked somewhere else and suddenly I found something I liked.

It was my favourtie, it was a strawberry.  I ran back home to tell my mum and dad.

From Solomon


20.9.16

Dear Monarch Butterfly

I am inviting you to a flower party and I have invited the bees and caterpillars too.  You can come to the daisies on the field, in front of room 5 and come in the afternoon.  I am having a flower party because it is spring.

From Shayna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.