Pages

Monday 14 May 2018

Inside the Sensory Bag

We have been learning to write descriptions and we have been trying to use our sense of sight, touch, feel, hear and taste while doing this.

Today was a bit tricky because we had to use our sense of touch only to describe the object in the sensory bag.  We were a bit worried about what might be in the bag but Mrs Raj said it was safe to touch.


We put our hand inside the bag and felt around.  It was a bit strange as we couldn't see what it was.  We then had to write our descriptions.


Kiana's Description

Inside the Sensory Bag


When I put my hand in the sensory bag, I felt something spiky because it was sharp.  When I put my hand in the sensory bag, I felt something furry because it had small, smooth spikes.  Inside the sensory bag, I felt something rough because it felt like it had dirt on it. Inside the sensory bag, I felt something warm because it had fur on it.  Inside the sensory bag, I felt something cold.



Paea's Description

Inside the Sensory Bag

When I put my hand in the sensory bag, I felt something smooth because I felt the fluff.  It was hard because I couldn't bend it.  It was warm because of the fluff.  It was ticklish because of the spiky things on it.  It felt like a flower because it was curvy and fluffy.  It was pointy because it felt like a stick because at the bottom, there was a long stick.


Pearl's Description

Inside the Sensory Bag

When I put my hand in the sensory bag, I felt something hard.  It was also spiky, big and heavy.  It felt like a toy spider.  It felt like it had wings, legs and fur.  The legs felt pointy because my hand kept getting poked.  I think it felt like these because it felt like a spider.


This was what was inside the sensory bag.  It is a fake succulent plant.



3 comments:

  1. What fantastic words you have used to describe what was in the sensory bag. I wonder if you can describe something else and if others can work out what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was guessing all the way while reading your descriptions of what was in the sensory bag, it can be really terrifying touching things that you don't know what they are. Sight is a very important sense. You must know how blind people feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Fabian What flower room 6 great!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.